Gone are the days when people used to handpick physical gifts and post them your way. As the world goes through a digital transformation, the hustle and bustle of gift buying, packing and sending has transformed into an entirely different modern tradition now.
You can send cards to your loved ones on their special days as the perfect gift replacement, there is another alternative to gifts as good as an Amazon gift card. And on that topic, today’s guide will explore how to check the Amazon gift card balance without redeeming it on both your PC and your mobile.
Amazon sells gift cards as a way to enable its customers to utilize the traditional gift alternative through its website. As one of the biggest e-commerce platforms around the world, Amazon has an exhaustive list of products on its website that you can choose from.
Amazon gift cards are becoming popular rapidly because of their easy-to-use terms and conditions as well as the sharing of the gift cards.
If you have received an Amazon gift card from a friend or a family member then you need to find out ways to check your Amazon gift card balance at your discretion.
We will discuss how to check your Amazon gift card balance without redeeming it in this article, making it just the perfect kind of gift for your friend, family, or a loved one on their special day. But before we get into that process, we’ll start with a small introduction, you can skip on the next question if you want to get to the guide directly.
What is an Amazon Gift Card?
An Amazon gift card is a pre-loaded card with a specific amount that can be sent to any receiver with the help of a postal address or an email, depending on what you prefer. The receiver can start using the Amazon gift card immediately. The limit of purchases you can make via an Amazon gift card is $10,000.
These gift cards are very popular during festive days such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and other gift-giving festivities. If you have received an Amazon gift card from someone, you might want to know the balance before and during your use.
There are options where you can check the full balance available on the gift card by providing the details of your Amazon account. There are other ways as well where you can check the balance of a gift card without applying it to your personal account.
How to check Amazon Gift Card without redeeming it?
Amazon gives its consumers the option to check their gift card balance without redeeming it. So, if you are looking for ways to learn how to check Amazon gift card without redeeming it or the worth of an Amazon gift card in general, all you need to do is follow these simple steps either from your smartphone or desktop.
1. Checking Amazon gift card balance on a personal computer
It is simple to check an Amazon gift card without redeeming it on the desktop computer, just follow these steps:
- Open Amazon.com in your computer’s browser.
- Now log in to your Amazon account and wait for the homepage to appear in front of you.
- Here you will spot the “Accounts and Lists” option on the top right side of your screen. Hover over the option and from the drop-down options, click on the tab “Your Order”
- Just below your orders, you will find the tab “Gift Cards”
- After you click on it, you can check out the balance of your Amazon gift card along with the new transactions which took place using the balance from your gift card.
2. Checking Amazon Gift Card Balance on Smartphone
Just like the browser website from your personal computer, you can check the worth of your Amazon gift card on your smartphone as well. All you need to do is download the Amazon app on your phone from either the App Store or Play Store depending on your phone.
After downloading the app, you need to follow the steps below to find out what your gift card is worth, how much balance is used, and how much is left to use, all without redeeming it.
- First of all, log in to your Amazon account on the Amazon app.
- After logging in, you will see three parallel lines on the left side of your phone screen, tap on them.
- Now a list will appear in front of you, you need to click on the tab “Your Account” from this list.
- After your account is open in front of you, scroll all the way down to the Amazon Wallet section where you can find “Manage Gift Card Balance.”
- A separate page will open in front of you showing you the balance of your gift card as well as all the latest transactions made using the gift card.
How to purchase Gift Cards from Amazon?
Amazon gift cards can easily be purchased through their website. You can follow the below steps to buy an Amazon gift card from the website.
- Open Amazon.com on the browser.
- Now log in to your account.
- Go to the menu and search for a Gift Card option. You can check out gift cards from the selection menu of All Gift Cards.
- A wide variety of gift cards are available for users with different requirements. You can easily select the one that fulfills what you are looking for.
- After you have selected the card that you want, you can adapt it according to your preference as well. You can select a style for your card, then add the email address of the recipient along with their name and a personalized message.
- After the completion of the process, you can make the payment by selecting the ‘Buy Now’ option.
- Your Amazon gift card is successfully purchased after your payment confirmation is made.
Hopefully, our guide on how you can find out your Amazon gift card balance without redeeming the money proves helpful to you. Make sure to redeem the balance on your gift card before the validity on the card ends. Another important aspect you should know about is that you cannot buy a gift card with a balance on an already existing gift card. A gift card can be used to buy products from Amazon. If you liked this guide, make sure to check out our other guides on Amazon; How to request a refund on Amazon quickly? and How to delete Address on Amazon on Desktop and its App.