Chicago – Four people died in a severe collision between SUV and freight train in the suburbs of southern Chicago.

According to Jason Baumann, a resident from the area, a Dodge Durango SUV hit a CSX train around 2 a.m. while crossing to the east side of the city of Harvey in the outskirts of Chicago.

Harvey is a south suburban community. Baumann stated that all four occupants of the SUV died on the spot.

The deadly crash is under investigation.“It drove into the freight train,” said Jason Baumann.

The identity of the occupants of the SUV was revealed later. The bodies were removed from the scene of the collision and were shifted to the nearby hospital for identification.

The dead were identified as 37-year-old Jeremy Robinson who was driving the SUV while the passengers were 23-year-old Xavier Moore, 28-year-old Tiesha Rush, and 39-year-old Jada Moore.

Jason stated that emergency authorities and crew at Phoenix, a nearby village in Cook county were alerted by an eyewitness who was passing by in a vehicle. He stated that he saw an SUV burning after the impact of the freight train.

Jason Baumann said that the investigation is ongoing whether the train stopped after the horrific collision in Harvey, Chicago but when he arrived along with other authorities at the scene of the crash around 4 a.m. There was no sign of any train and the CSX workers were busy replacing the crossing gates at the crossing area.

CSX revealed in a statement that a vehicle carrying four persons collided unfortunately with the last railcar of a CSX train. The CSX train consisted of 47 rail cars and 3 locomotives.

“There were no injuries to the train crew. CSX extends its deepest sympathies to everyone impacted by this tragic incident, and we will work to support local law enforcement as they investigate,” the official statement of CSX company stated.

Jason Baumann stated that apart from the four deceased, no other deaths or injuries were reported. There was no sign of any kind of foul play. The Harvey police have started its investigation and the case has been shifted to Phoenix police for further investigation and processing.