An adolescent who was discovered dead in her house on Sunday expressed fears that her father would “beat” her and then “kill” her a few days before she died, according to new court filings. She was 17 years old and lived in the Chicago region.

Mohammed Almaru, Mia Maro’s father, was arrested and accused with her murder on Wednesday. He is 42 years old.

Almaru sent a text message on Sunday “I lost my mind, went out of control and beat the sh– out of her… I fu–ed up big time I’m sorry”  to one of his sons, according to court records acquired by Fox News.

The court records include further gory information about the events that allegedly led up to the teen’s death.

According to the court filings, Almaru hit Maro because he was attempting to coerce her into telling him something.

According to the records, Maro and her father had a disagreement over her attending her senior prom on Thursday, three days before police found her dead corpse covered in bruises.

It was discovered that Almaru had suffered self-inflicted wounds to his neck and wrists while resting near Maro’s corpse and, as per the documents, he is still in the hospital. According to police, he is not cooperating and has not been “totally conscious”.

According to the records, Almaru first informed Maro that she may attend the prom, but then changed his mind, claiming that he didn’t trust her.

Two days after being involved in a minor automobile accident, Maro contacted a relative, expressing concern that her father is going to “beat her” or “kill” her as a result of the incident.

Her aunt contacted her on Saturday to see if she was okay since she hadn’t gone to prom, but she didn’t get a response. The next day, she walked over to the residence in Chicago and phoned the police when she discovered the gruesome finding.

According to the court records, Maro’s body revealed substantial bruises as a result of numerous hits from several items, including a metal rod and a rubber mallet.

“On behalf of the entire Village of Tinley Park, I’d like to offer my sincerest condolences to everyone who knew and loved Mia,” Mayor Michael Glotz said. “By all accounts she was a lovely young woman at the very beginning of her life, a life that she will now never get to fulfill. To her family, friends and fellow students at Andrew High School, we mourn her passing with you.”