If you are a gaming enthusiast, you might have come across the term “Discord”. It is a communication assistance app that enables you to communicate with your friends while playing games on full screen.
Well, on a lighter note, technology is incomplete without errors. Some users often report a problem that their “discord overlay not working” most of them have issues in operating it on Windows 10. We understand how big of a deal it is for gamers, as because of it, they don’t get to communicate with their fellow gamers properly during a wild gaming session.
Therefore, we have listed some techniques to help you get through this problem.
1. Check if you have enabled overlay in-game
The moment you find out your discord overlay is not working, you must check if you have in-game enable overlay discord.
- Open discord, select the settings option
- On the left side, tap on the overlay. Check the toggle beside the in-game overlay is on or off. If it’s off, then turn it on.
- Select Games on the left side. Open Game Connectivity. Make sure you have switched on the in-game Overlay option of the game you are currently playing.
After doing so, turn on your game to check whether it was helpful or not. If not, then try the next solution.
2. Execute Discord as Administrator:
Another easy way to fix the discord overlay issue is to execute Discord as administrator.
- Go to the desktop’s main menu, right-click to the Discord’s shortcut, and click properties.
- A pop-up window will show up. Select the Compatibility tab and look for the option “Run this Program as an administrator” once you find out, press Ok.
- Open Discord to check for the issue if it has been resolved or not.
3. Temporarily Disable the 3rd party Antivirus application:
If you are running any third-party antivirus application, you might face discord overlay issues, as some of the applications can interfere with your Discord.
If you find your Discord overlay not working, try temporarily removing or disabling the third-party app for antiviruses. Once you have done that, open Discord and run the game you want to play. This way, you will find out if it’s working or not.
4. Disable the Hardware Acceleration Feature:
In Discord, you will find a feature called Hardware Acceleration. It allows you to run the game fluently with the help of a sound card and GPU.
However, sometimes this feature causes problems and results in malfunctioning of Discord overlay. To confirm that this, turn off this feature and then run the game. If this is the cause of the problem, you better keep it off.
- Open Discord, head to the settings
- On the left side, tap Appearance, turn off the switch beside the Hardware Acceleration.
- Now to check if it’s working, restart your game.
So, these were the four easiest ways to fix your discord overlay issues. You can also try downloading the Discord again to run it smoothly. Try them out and recommend them to your friends so that you all can have a smooth gaming experience.