With the onslaught of streaming services these days, there are too many options to choose from. Starz is just another streaming service in that list, but it is one with very unique choices in content. If you as a subscriber don’t connect with it after using it, the cancellation process is easy and right there for you. This guide will help you learn how to cancel Starz on Amazon.
People subscribe to this streaming service for a variety of reasons, the primary being the content they offer. Many people even do so to just watch a bunch of things and then deactivate when they’re done. With the traffic of content we have today, there are too many alternatives that could be more enticing for the larger audience. Here are a few things to know about Starz, it’s fee and other subscription related questions before we jump on to the cancellation process
- Although many confuse the streaming service with Amazon’s own Prime Video. You do not get a Starz subscription with Amazon Prime. It is a separate streaming service that is on a paid subscription basis. You do, however, get a 7-day free trial, just as any other subscription provides.
- Different services offer Starz at a different rate, therefore you should do your research before choosing yours. But the range is somewhere from $8-10 and not more. On Prime Video specifically, it costs $8.99 to subscribe. It is also important to note, the rate may vary with currency change, depending on which region you are using it from.
- There are no late termination fees attached to canceling your account, no matter when you decide to cancel. Refunds are, however, another matter. But as of cancellation policy, there are no restrictions on when you can cancel your account. Whether near the renewal date or within the free trial period, you can discontinue whenever you want.
- Lastly, the refund policy for most services with Amazon is crystal clear. If you have already used a service, you are most likely to not get any refund. But there is an exception for a case if you apply for cancellation within a week.
As a streaming service, it can be used on any device that allows internet streaming. This is the reason different devices may have a different cancellation process. Let’s look at how to cancel Starz on Amazon:
The easiest way to cancel your Starz subscription is to do it while you are on your laptop as it is an easy to follow process. This process is for anyone using a desktop to cancel the subscription. Use these steps as a guide:
- Go to Amazon’s website, you can use this URL ‘https://www.amazon.com’
- Log in to your account and on the main home page, go to Accounts & Lists
- In the list that shows, click on Accounts again
- Another list of actions will bring you to Memberships and Subscriptions
- The account will take you to all channels subscribed under Prime membership. Find and click on Prime Video Channels
- You will find Starz in this list of channels, click on Cancel under it
- It will ask for your confirmation on canceling, click on Yes
Despite this cancellation, you can still use the service if you are still in your free trial time. But you will not be charged for it anymore as you chose to discontinue. Enjoy using it for the last few days before it gets discontinued on your last day of renewal.
Those who are not currently using their laptops/desktops and cannot access the web browser can easily cancel from their phone. Follow these steps to cancel Starz using the Amazon app on any mobile device:
- If you do not already have the app, download the Amazon app from the app store on your device. Make sure it is not the Prime Video app, that is used for streaming only.
- Sign into your account on the app
- On the top corner of the app, find the main menu option with three horizontal lines
- Go to Your Account from the main menu
- Click on Memberships and Subscriptions from this list
- Here, it will show you a ‘Don’t see your subscription?’ button, click on it
- Go to Channel subscriptions from here
- You will find Starz here easily, click on cancel subscription under it
- Confirm Yes to proceed
That was all you needed to know about how to cancel Starz on Amazon. Even if you own a Firestick or Fire TV and are subscribed over there, you will still need to unsubscribe through Amazon’s main page on either PC or your phone.