Ever since Instagram introduced the carousel post feature, users’ lives have become much easier. Now you don’t have to upload your 10 pictures in 10 different posts because they all can fit in just one carousel post. However, most of you still think that carousel posts have their drawbacks. Like, if you made a wrong choice and want to remove an inappropriate picture from the bundle, you cannot. Well, that’s not true.
How to delete one picture out of multiple on Instagram:
There’s always this one photo that ruins the entire post and the worst thing is that we don’t realize it while adding that picture into the carousel. However, you don’t have to suffer shame because of that single photo. Follow the steps below and get rid of it now.
- Head to the pink and violet color Insta app on your phone (assuming you would be doing this on your phone).
- Enter your credential if you are not logged in.
- Once you have entered, go to your profile by clicking your profile photo in the right side at the bottom.
- Now you can view all the photos you have uploaded to your profile. Select the carousel you want to edit.
- Find the three horizontal dots on the top right corner of that post. Click on it.
- A set of multiple options will appear on your screen, select “edit”.
- Swipe to the picture you want to delete, now, here is this thing, you need to look for a trash box on the top left side of your picture. If you find it, that means you have this feature.
- Once you have selected the picture you want to delete, tap on the trash box.
- A pop-up will appear showing, “Delete Media”, tap on it to confirm.
- After doing so, the picture will be eliminated from the carousel to the “recently deleted” folder. It will stay there for around 30 days.
- If you change your decision within 30 days, then recover that photo from the recently deleted album, and it will appear back in the carousel.
- Similarly, delete other photos from that post.
- Tap on “Done” in the top right corner to save the change.
Note: This feature is currently showing in Apple devices. The feature will be launched soon for Android devices as well. However, if you urgently need to delete a picture from the carousel, then you can ask your friend who owns an iPhone to let you log in to your Instagram from his/her phone. Once you log in, carry out the process.
How to Edit a Carousel post after uploading
Sometimes, people delete an entire post just because of minor issues with the captions and tagging. Well, it’s not the wrong thing to do, but it costs you all your comments and likes on that post. We don’t want you to go through that. Thereby, here is how you can edit your carousel post.
- Head to the Instagram app on your phone and log in.
- Go to your profile and open the carousel you want to edit.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots on the top right corner.
- A menu with different options will pop up. Select “Edit”.
- Now you the app will start showing you edit options. For instance, the “Tag People” option on the left side at the bottom, the “Edit Alt Text” on the right side, and the “Add location” option on the top below your name.
- You can also edit your caption by simply rewriting it in the caption box.
How to remove one picture from your Instagram stories
Instagram stories have taken over the posting feature as it is an effective method to post live updates, comparatively. However, when you are posting things on the go, you often make mistakes. For instance, you post a story without a volume or upload a failed boomerang. So, in the following, you can find how to delete one post from your Instagram stories.
- Open your Instagram account and go to the stories you have just uploaded.
- Now, tap to land on the story you want to delete.
- Once you are there, tap on the three dots
- A menu will appear, select “delete” to delete that particular story.
Note: when you delete an Instagram story it is added in the “recently deleted” folder just like when you delete an Instagram post. Though, the lifespan of the stories in the recently deleted folder is just 24 hours. If you want to restore any, do that within that time window.
How to remove/hide posts from Instagram without deleting them:
Instagram has this amazing feature to hide or remove a photo from your profile without permanently deleting them. Of course, your comments and likes will be there whenever you restore the picture. Follow the steps below to archive a post on Instagram.
- Open your profile and tap on the post you want to remove.
- Touch the three dots and select “Archive” from the menu that pops up.
- The post will be archived and will no longer appear on your profile.
- To unarchive, tap on the three horizontal lines.
- Select “Stories Archive” and then tap on “Posts Archive”.
- Now tap the three dots after opening the post you want to add back to your profile.
- Select, “Show on Profile”.
Would you still look for, ‘Can you delete a picture from Instagram multiple post’ query? We doubt. The methods we have listed are the easiest ones you will ever find. We also have simple methods for deleting someone’s account on Instagram or creating a group on social media. Like this one, you will surely find them helpful as well.
Please interlink here as we are unable to find the link for this one on the website.