If you have an Android phone, an iPhone or a computer, you can sign up for Amazon’s Prime Video service and watch movies and TV shows on any of these devices at the same time. Amazon Prime Video is undoubtedly one of the most amazing streaming services in the world and for all the good reasons which we will share with you later in this post because we believe it is truly worth your money.
However, some users are unsure of how to sign out of Amazon Prime on TV.
It’s not possible for Amazon customers to sign in and out of their accounts at any moment. In contrast to the Amazon app store, where you may log out of your account at any time, this does not allow you to do so.
Amazon Prime Video requires that you sign up for a certain device in order to enjoy the content you’ve purchased. A smart TV may be registered, as well as an iPhone, Android, and PC.
Amazon’s Prime Video service does not enable customers to log in and log out. Like with Kindle, deregistering your device is the only way to log out of Amazon Prime Video.
Why is this so? Amazon undoubtedly wants to keep Prime Video subscriptions available on TVs like Roku and Apple TV so that customers can simply access and view them. It’s not only Amazon that doesn’t have an easy sign-out button; Netflix also doesn’t.
How to sign out of Amazon Prime on TV or Roku, you ask?
It’s really rather simple. To sign out of Amazon Prime Video, you’ll need to use a separate way on each of your devices. Here’s how to do it.
Amazon Prime Video: How to Sign Out From Roku or Any Smart TV
To log out of Amazon Prime Video on a smart TV or Roku, you’ll have to go through a few steps. Here’s how to go about it…
- Use your Roku or smart TV to access Amazon Prime Video. The Roku remote’s D-pad may be used to choose the Settings option.
- Click the “OK” button to confirm your action.
- In the Settings menu, choose the Deregister Your Device option using your Roku remote. To continue, click the “OK” button.
- After that, you’ll be prompted by Amazon Prime Video to confirm whether or not you wish to log out or deregister your device of Amazon Prime Video on Roku altogether.. Deactivate your device by pressing the Deactivate button on the Roku remote.
- If you’re certain to sign out of Prime on Roku, Amazon will ask you one more time for confirmation. Press the OK button on your remote once you’ve highlighted it with the remote.
- Once the account has been properly signed out of Roku/TV, you will get a success message.
- Now, hit OK to return to the Roku home screen’s homepage.
Your Prime Video account will be reactivated every time you open it. You may use a separate Amazon Prime account to sign in here.
Amazon Prime Video: How to Sign Out From the Website
From the Amazon Prime Video website, you may log out of your Roku or other smart TV account. You don’t have to touch your smart TV or Roku’s remote to unregister from your Amazon Prime Video account using this method.
Using a browser such as Google Chrome, you can accomplish this on a computer.
Visit the Amazon Prime Video Settings page in order to sign out of Amazon Prime on your television set. Please enter your username and password from your Amazon account here.
Now click on Your Devices.
As a result, your TV/Roku device’s name will be removed from your “Your device” list when the page reloads automatically.
If you wish to sign out of Amazon Prime on your Android or iPhone app, you may use the same procedure.
How to sign out Your Amazon Prime on Androi
The access to Amazon Prime is also available to android users and to sign out from your Amazon Prime on android is quite easy. Just follow the following steps:
- Open your Amazon Prime application.
- Now Tap on the Sign in button and complete your sign in into your Prime Account, using your Amazon Credentials.
- Tap on the Settings option that can be found at the bottom right corner.
- Now navigate to the “Signed in as” option from the drop-down menu. You will then see your name after ‘Signed in as’.
- Tap on the ‘Sign out’ button to complete the process.
You’ve now finished the Amazon Prime sign-out procedure.
How to sign out Your Amazon Prime on iPhone
iPhone users can also use Amazon Prime service and to sign out from it is also quite easy. You just need to follow the following steps:
- On your iPhone, open your Amazon Prime application.
- Tap on the sign in button and sign in to your Amazon Prime account using your Amazon credentials.
- Now, you need to tap on the ‘Settings’ button which can be found at the right corner on the bottom.
- Choose ‘My Account’ option from the available options.
- Now, Tap on the ‘Sign out’ button to complete the sign out process.
On Prime, you have now finished the process of signing out of the service.
How to sign out from Your Amazon Prime on deskto
The service may also be accessed using a desktop computer and you can sign out of it at any given time. Here is what you need to do:
- Open a browser of your choice.
- Navigate to the Amazon Website on the browser.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ options that can be found at the top.
- Now, click on the ‘Your Devices’ option.
- Now you need to find your device from the available registered devices.
- Now, click on the ‘Deregister’ button next to your device name.
Prime video has now been removed from your account.
7 Reasons Why You Should Become a Subscriber of Amazon Prime Video
The e-commerce giant’s streaming service is called Amazon Prime Video. Streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu are among the most popular, and it’s no surprise. However, Amazon Prime Video has several advantages.
The greatest features of Amazon Prime Video are going to be highlighted and explained to you.
There are so many streaming services that you can’t take a step without seeing one. In order to stand out, streaming services must provide the finest original content. Amazon Prime Video is among the best in terms of both quality and volume.
Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, Cinderella, and The Tomorrow War are just some of the films and television programs that have made this year’s list of must-sees.
2. Licensed Programming
Amazon Prime Video is bursting at the seams with both original programming and third-party licensed content. There’s something for everyone on Prime Video, whether you are in the mood for a classic crime thriller or a contemporary comedy.
That said, the selection does vary on a regular basis due to the expiration of licenses and contracts. So, if you find anything you’re interested in, don’t put it off.
3. Watch In 4K and HDR
Many Amazon Prime Video titles are available in high definition if you have a TV that supports 4K or HDR. Unlike other streaming services, which charge extra for this, Prime Video includes it as part of the subscription.
4. Supports Numerous Devices
An online streaming service is only useful when you can access the content on all of your devices. Fortunately, Amazon Prime Video can be accessed on a wide variety of platforms.
Amazon Fire TV and Echo, as well as Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, mobile devices, set-top boxes, and smart TVs, are all included in this category. The complete list of compatible devices may be seen on Amazon’s support website.
5. Rent and Buy
For licensing considerations, it’s not feasible to include every show you wish to watch in the Amazon Prime Video membership. However, you may rent or purchase extra stuff through Amazon. This often contains the most current theatrical releases.
It’s great that the option exists, even if you decide to wait to see whether it’s included in your Prime Video membership in the future. That way, you’ll have it even if your Prime Video subscription ends
6. Watch Offline
Do you have an issue with your internet connection? Are you planning a trip where you won’t have access to the internet? If this is the case, you’ll be happy to learn that Amazon Prime Video allows for offline downloading.
The material will stay on your device as long as it is available on Prime Video. If you don’t have an online connection, you may view it whenever you want. It’s ideal for a lengthy road trip or a vacation to a faraway place.
7. Good Parental Control
A plethora of kid-friendly programming is available on Amazon Prime Video for parents with young children. Then, you don’t want kids to stumble into adult-oriented material. With Prime Video’s parental controls in place, you can keep your children safe as they enjoy their favorite shows.
Maturity ratings may be used to restrict the material that can be seen by children. You may also restrict the amount of time they spend in front of the device. Additionally, you may create a PIN to guarantee that they do not just switch to your profile.
So did you get how easy it was to sign out your Amazon Prime Video? Yes? Good to know that! Prime video gives you a great collection that would not be found anywhere else, and that too on all sorts of devices. If you haven’t subscribed to Amazon Prime Video, we highly recommend you to do so.