Being an iPhone user you are at an advantage, because you get many perks. But when it comes to transferring photos from your iPhone to a flash drive, that’s where the misery starts. However, with our simple solutions on how to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive, you will master the art within no time.
What if one option doesn’t work for you. It is important that you keep multiple backups. Well, worry not. We have mentioned three methods – in this article – to get the job done for you. You can use any one of the methods to transfer images from iPhone to flash drive.
Without further ado, let’s hop on to how to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive.
Transfer pictures from iPhone to flash drive through iCloud.
Before you start the process, make sure your iCloud memory is empty enough for your photos to get transferred. Ensure that the system has more space than what your pictures will take. If there is not, you may need to upgrade your iCloud.
Once you are ready,
- Open ‘Settings’
- Log in to your Apple ID, and open iCloud
- Tap on the iCloud photo library and let the Wi-Fi upload all your images and videos to your cloud account
- Once the upload completes, open ‘www.icloud.com’ on your PC and log in to your cloud account
- Open the account, transfer all the pictures from your cloud to your PC
- As soon as the uploading completes, connect your flash drive to your computer, and move the folder of your iPhone pictures from your computer to your flash drive
This is only one of the three methods. Let’s check out the second method to how to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive.
Transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive using the photos app
This might sound crazy, but if you have Windows 10 or Mac, you can easily transfer your photos to a flash drive from the photo app. Here is how you can go about it.
- Connect your phone with your computer. If you require the password, insert that and wait for your phone to connect
- Once the connection is established, click ‘Import by selecting from a USB device’. As soon you’ll command this action to take place, the computer will automatically locate your photos from your iPhone
- The next step is to select the photos you want to be saved on your PC
- Connect your flash drive in the USB port of your computer and copy the folder of your iPhone images on the drive
It is easier and a lot less time-consuming than the previous one. However, if you want another back-up as well, in case if this even doesn’t work out for you, we also have another method for you.
Transferring iPhone photos to flash drive via web explorer
Well, if the above two methods don’t work well for you, then this third will surely help you out. All you have to do is to:
- Connect your PC with your iPhone. However, the tricky part comes here. When you connect your iPhone to your PC, ensure that the connection is secure. Sometimes, your iPhone will not appear on your ‘This PC’ window. This is because the connection is not established
- To establish a secure connection, you may require to insert a password. If that is the case, do that
- Once your phone gets connected with the computer,
- open the DCIM folder and move all the images from that folder to your computer’s folder
- Once the uploading finishes, connect the flash drive to your computer and transfer your photos effortlessly
These were the top three ways on how to transfer photos from iPhone to flash drive. Moreover, these are super-easy and simple methods, so you don’t have to tech-savvy to get the job done. You can do it without any help.