How to use a gift card on Amazon – 3 Seconds Summary!
- Activate your gift card (if it’s not already activated) by calling on the number at the back
- Go to Amazon’s homepage, Your Account> Manage Payment Options> Amazon Gift Card> Reload Balance> Enter your card’s balance> Add a card> add your name and card’s info
- Choose your gift card during the checkout
If you frequently shop from Amazon, then you might know that it is not possible to use a Visa gift card. The company does not accept any other gift card during the checkout, so why have we written an article to answer: how to use a Visa gift card on Amazon? Certainly, there’s a way to get your Visa gift card accepted by Amazon.
Whether it’s Visa, Amex, or Mastercard, using a gift card on Amazon can make you scratch your head. Just registering the card on Amazon as a mode of payment can be tricky. Amazon won’t register or validate your gift card until you provide your personal credentials, including zip code. Then, how to use a gift card on Amazon? Below we have discussed how to register a gift card on Amazon as well as some tricks to split purchases on Amazon to make up the difference during the checkout.
How to use a visa gift card on Amazon
Activate the card:
- Whether you bought the visa gift card or you got it from someone, it is important to make sure that the card is activated, which happens at the time of the sale. You receive a cardholder or a receipt of payment that confirms your purchase and activates the card. But in case you want to confirm, you can find a number on the back of your card. Call that number and confirm if it’s activated before using it.
- Secondly, you need to identify the exact balance in the card because Amazon does not let you split the purchase amount except if you are making the purchase using an Amazon gift card. This is an important step in case you’ve used the card before or because of the activation fees deduction.
2. Load the card:
- This will require you to log in to your Amazon account either using any browser or Amazon’s mobile app.
- Go to Your Account or Accounts and Lists from the main menu depending upon whether you are using it from your phone or web browser.
- Find and click on the Manage Payment Options
- You will see an Amazon Gift Card heading, under that heading, click on Reload your balance.
- Besides some amount options, you will find the $ Enter and amount Enter your card balance there.
- Below you will find a box to Add a card.
- This step will require you to enter all the card information you have including the name, which is whatever you have written in place of name, the card number, and expiration date all as exactly mentioned on the card.
- For address, enter your personal address, even though the card does not mention one.
- For your next purchase on Amazon, make sure you use that gift card option in your payment method, you can find it through the last four digits mentioned on the card. That’s all, your gift card is set up to use as you like, no reservations or pit stops, as the balance is already loaded. Make sure your purchase is exactly or under the amount you had on your card to avoid any hindrance.
3. Use it to buy an Amazon gift card:
This is not the third step as much as a hack to use the card in another way. You get gift cards as a way to use them where you like, and it is frustrating when you can not use it with another payment method or split the purchase amount. Therefore, there’s a simple hack that will answer your question: ‘how to use a Visa gift card on amazon.’ Yes, that is a genius way to use your gift card. Use the Visa gift card balance to buy an Amazon code or card. You can conveniently use that for any purchase alone or combined with another payment method.
We hope you find this ‘how to use a gift card on Amazon’ guide helpful as there is no simpler way than that to make your gift card work on Amazon.
No, we didn’t forget to tell you about the purchase split process cause we kept it for last. If your gift card is worth $30 and your purchase is $35, you can pay the remaining $5 via your debit/credit card. That’s how easily you can use your gift card on Amazon. Lastly, if you get confused at any step, get help from this ‘how to use a gift card on Amazon’ video tutorial.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to redeem Amazon gift card to cash?
Unfortunately, you cannot redeem an Amazon gift card to cash. However, you can still work around it. First, you can use your gift card to buy your friend something they want and collect the cash in return. Second, you can purchase something valuable like a cell phone, tablet or laptop from Amazon via your gift card (if the amount is big) then sell it on some other website to receive a cash payment.
2. Where is the claim code on the Amazon gift card?
You can find the claim code at the back on the top of your Amazon gift card. It is a 14 digit code with two arrows pointing at it beside a camera and a gift box image.
3. Do you have to use an Amazon gift card all at once?
Of course not! You can use your Amazon gift card on multiple occasions. If your gift card is worth $50 and your card balance is $25, the remaining amount will be credited to your account and used in the next purchase (only if you choose the payment option via a gift card).