PayPal has undoubtedly made it easier for people around the world to switch from transactional and security hassles of paper money. By changing the way you proceed with your financial dealings, you can actually make your life much easier.
If you have been affected by the security issues and scams concerning online financing, then you must read this full article. It will mainly cover the ins and outs of PayPal shipping and how the PayPal ship now feature can be beneficial for you.
What is PayPal shipping and how does it work?
In the contemporary business situation, we have noticed how small businesses have started with a home-based setup, which is mainly based on one or more than one individual/business owners.
The world witnessed a surge of entrepreneurs with personalized needs products. Something that stays constant, regardless of whether the business is run from home or a factory, is that business owners have to hire a shipping service to make on-time deliveries or use USPS (United States Postal Services) to complete the orders.
As new trends came in through a swooping global behavior change, prolific changes have made productive alterations for and within businesses. The widespread use of PayPal shipping is one of those.
To make the tiresome venture of shipping from a seller straight to the shipping address easy, PayPal introduced its PayPal Shipping standalone service for a simple and smooth shipping process.
Not only are there numerous advantages of using PayPal shipping (listed below) but the PayPal trust will make it even effortless to make error-free shipping. Here are some compelling features that PayPal shipping offers to its customers:
- With PayPal shipping, it is easier to select either USPS or UPS shipping for your delivery. Where both the international and local services are available. Also, it is possible to track the shipment, get the shipment code, and any other information you require before making an order.
- A sought-after benefit that PayPal shipping provides is that you do not need to make any subscription fee for your monthly and weekly deliveries. PayPal charges only for the label you choose and according to the weight of your shipment.
- Printing shipping labels from your PayPal account is also a notable feature of PayPal shipping. Just log in to your account to download or print directly. Furthermore, you don’t need to add addresses manually again and again. The shipping options are populated from previous data you have used, therefore, you only have to enter the address in case of new customers.
- From the PayPal account dashboard, you can easily track the shipments of one or multiple items you sent by their batch numbers.
- Online custom forms are also there to make your international shipping hassle-free. Using these custom forms, sending notifications to your customers about their shipment will not only excite them but the tracking option will make you more confident about your delivery promises.
- You will only need to pay for the shipment weight or size and the type/label of your shipment. You can read the PayPal seller protection policy to avail PayPal trust. Also, if you feel unsure, add the required insurance for your consignment.
Step by step guide to use PayPal shipping service
Now when you know amazing PayPal shipping features, it is essential to utilize them. Here’s how you can do this:
- To begin using PayPal Shipping, you need to log in to your PayPal account. From here you will need to visit the following PayPal shipping link which you can bookmark from any device you are using to avoid additional clicks.
- Once you click on the link, the following details will be asked of you:
If you haven’t already logged in to your PayPal account, when you click on the above link, it will ask you to log in first. Once you log in you have to provide the details of the customer’s address, where the package has to be shipped. Once you fill in all the required details, click on the blue horizontal button named ‘Ship to this address’.
- With this, a new page will appear as such.
- This page holds the important information that you need to fill out regarding your PayPal shipment. Select the courier service that you are using, package type, weight of the package, etc. Here, you must also select tracking services and some paid services like signature confirmation.
Generally, USPS is people’s favorite option to choose. This is because it is that one United States economic option that suits every need. In order to have first-class USPS service, your shipment needs to weigh less than 15.99 ounces and must be 18×22 in dimension.
- Next, you can use the digital weighing scale to weigh your package in ounces and select the package type i.e. small or large. In case your package weighs more than 15.99 ounces, you need to send it through the regular option. To track it, print a Priority label.
- Moreover, here you will find some other options as well such as the insurance option that you can set for your shipment, mailing date, etc. Lastly, you need to click the option “Calculate shipping cost” present at the top right corner to proceed with the process.
- Moving forward with the final step, you need to make payments through your PayPal balance, debit or credit card at this stage. Also, if your bank account is associated with your PayPal shipping account, you can also pay directly from there.
Once you are done with the process, you have to figure out how to print the PayPal shipping label via your PayPal account. The process is detailed below.
Printing PayPal label from your PayPal account
To get your PayPal shipping label, follow these simple steps:
- The PayPal shipping label can be printed once you click on ‘Confirm and Pay’ (following the steps mentioned above). Once you’re on the right page, you need to tap ‘Print’ from the ‘Finish printing label’ page. Your shipping label will automatically be printed like this:
Once you have your printed document, paste it on your package with a good adhesive. If you are using tape, make sure that the tape does not hide the barcode on the print. If you do not like to paste it using adhesive, you can pre-prepare the label by printing it on a self-adhesive sheet and paste it on your package.
For a UPS label, you need to use your PayPal balance. In situations where you need to print the label and don’t have enough PayPal balance, you need to add money to your account. Once the money is posted, you can create a UPS label from your PayPal account.
- While printing and pasting your USPS print on your package, you need to put your shipment in the USPS bins so they can be easily taken away.
That’s it, just sit and relax to get the notification that says ‘Your shipment has been delivered.
How does PayPalshipnow work?
If you want to return a package to a seller as a buyer due to an issue with the package or claim, then you would be eligible for a ‘Return Shipping on Us’ PayPal program that can help you get quick reimbursements for your shipping costs. Therefore, don’t worry about the cost that you may have spent if you have a valid return or exchange claim.
Here is the PayPal Ship Now link to use:
Now it is easy to deliver the shipment from your doorstep and leave the hassle to the trustworthy PayPal features.
What is a PayPal Shipping label?
A PayPal shipping label shows the details and information about the location and price of the package. You can print the PayPal shipping label through your PayPal dashboard. You can also check the recent labels from the recent activity on your account. This allows you to print labels for a record of all the previous labels you have made.
Does PayPal charge a shipping fee?
It depends on the weight, size, and dimensions of the package. You may need to add the balance from the PayPal account. The shipping cost also depends on the delivery location that the package is going to.
- What are some pros and cons of PayPal for Small Businesses?
Pros for using PayPal
- Simple and reasonably priced
- Online payments are accepted by email or phone
- No special merchant is required to review your account
- Integrates easily with other e-commerce websites from Shopify and BigCommerce
- Business financing and solid financial reporting application
- Seamless digital invoicing
Benefits for customers
- Instant payments for goods and services
- No PayPal accounts required
- Multiple currencies accepted
- Easy to set up
- History of trustworthy service
- Easy to manage recurring payments
Cons for using PayPal
- High fees compared to a typical merchant
- Violation of policies can freeze the account and money stored
- Hard to contact customer service at times
- Takes more than 2 days to send money
- PayPal protection doesn’t cover digital goods
- Some countries do not allow users to make PayPal accounts so there may be a loss of business.