Travis Scott will no longer perform on the coming weekend at Las Vegas Festival after Houston’s Astroworld Festival saw a deadly surge in the crowd – announced Day N Music Festival organizers on Monday.

The latest decision comes as a result of investigations conducted on the cause of eight people’s deaths at Houston’s Astroworld Festival. The deadly conditions in the last concert has prompted several lawsuits from the attendees.

Investigators are currently looking into the matter to determine the actual cause of the incident, including whether fentanyl laced in counterfeit pills played a role – revealed The Wall Street Journal.

Reporters from CNN have been trying to reach out to the authorities to get their statement regarding the Wall Street report.

On Monday, Lina Hidalgo, Harris County Judge, revealed to Wolf Blitzer from CNN that the authorities await a toxicity report as they play a “key part” in identifying what happened at the Houston concert on Friday.

“That’s going to take weeks,” says Hidalgo.

Moreover, she says, keeping in view the poor management record of the organizers to handle the crowd in the past, it is too soon to conclude anything right away.

“There’s a lot of evidence of drug use. Could that have been part of it? It’s hard for these families to grieve without answers,” said Hidalgo.

It might take several weeks for the reports to come to finally declare who was at fault, says representative Michele Arnold from Harris County Medical Examiner’s Office.

On Saturday, Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said, while the singers were performing, a security officer “was reaching out to restrain or grab a citizen and he felt a prick in his neck,”. He went unconscious and was revived after medical staff treated him with Narcan (a medication used to reduce the effect of the opioid)

Some concert attendees told CNN that, when the concert began, the place got so jam-packed that they could not even breathe properly. In fact, some people were crying for help during the concert, which went unheard under the loud music.

On Monday, Billy Nasser, a concertgoer, said, “They passed out. And they were on the ground and basically getting trampled. And no one would pick them up,”

“There were just too many people there. It was overcrowded. The way the barricades were set up had people trapped in. It was a death trap” she added.