These are unprecedented times. According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), everyone should be ready to self-quarantine themselves for 2 weeks if needed. Such uncertain scenarios have made way for a very important question in everyone’s mind: what should I stock up on for coronavirus?
Instead of panicking and splurging on unnecessary things, this article will advise you what things you should stock up on for the Covid-19.
There are a few suggestions regarding food supplies that you should stock up on.
- Frozen meals, such as fruits, pizzas, and vegetables are a good option to store for a longer time.
- Pasta and rice are not only easily digestible but also easy to make. It is an inexpensive option that can keep you full.
- Canned or dried goods like canned vegetables, beans, and soup are a healthy and fulfilling option.
- You can also stock up on freeze-dried or dried foods, however, they are a little expensive.
- If you have kids at home, then you should stock up on peanut butter and jelly.
- Cereal and bread are a must for every household, even during the Covid-19.
- You won’t have to worry that your milk will go bad if you stock up on milk that comes in the aseptic packaging.
Essentials for sick days
In case you get ill and have to stay at home, then you must have some necessary supplies for your conditions. That is why you should gather your sick day essentials in advance. Some of the important things that you should stock up on are:
- Fever and OTC pain-killers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen. They are useful in lowering high fever and relieving pain. However, always consult a doctor first before taking any medication.
- Cough medicines like cough expectorants and suppressants should also be stored.
- Store handkerchiefs or tissues to cover your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing.
- It is also a good idea to store bland food for your sick days. Healthy broth, popsicles, sports drinks, and teas are also a good option for staying hydrated and maintaining electrolytes.
Keeping the origin of the coronavirus in mind, you and your home must be clean from all germs. Following are some essential cleanliness supplies that you should stock up on.
- Stock up on soaps to frequently wash your hands for 20 seconds at least.
- Hand sanitizers are also a must that you should store for yourself and your family.
- Buy cleaning alcohol, dilute bleach or other products that can be useful for fighting against SARS-CoV-2 (the Covid-19 virus).
If you have been taking any kind of prescription medicine, then try to refill and stock up on them so you won’t have to suffer if you can’t go out of your home. You can also opt for attaining your prescriptions through mails. This step becomes increasingly important if you are a patient of heart disease, diabetes, lung diseases, and other diseases that put your life at risk.
Essential supplies for kids
To answer your question about what should I stock up on for coronavirus, you also need to be mindful of the supplies your kids would need. Stock up on diapers, formula milk, and wipes that would be necessary if you are quarantining. Also, purchase cold or cough medicines that your children might need. To keep your kids busy and occupied, buy some games, puzzles, or toys to entertain them.